NCCB 2020 State Convention Information
Due to the continuing COVID-19 Coronavirus challenges NCCB will be holding this year’s convention virtually. By taking this step we feel our members can still enjoy the convention experience while also staying safe.
The 2020 NCCB Virtual Convention can be enjoyed from the safety and comfort of your home using your favorite electronic device!
Friday September 25 – 7:00pm to 9:30pm
Saturday September 26 – 10:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 8:30pm
OnLine via Zoom (Best Method)
Computer / I Device / Tablet
Registration fee = $10 (If financial assistance is needed please contact your chapter President or by calling 612-710-8903)
2020 NCCB Virtual Convention Schedule
Friday Evening Mix & Mash:
- 7:00pm – Meet & Greet
- 7:30pm – Kay Coleman – North Carolina Interfaith Food Shuttle
- 8:30pm – Lisa Graphsteen – Disability Rights of North Carolina
- 9:15pm – Door Prizes
Saturday Meet & Mash
- 10:00am – Business Meeting
- 11:00am – The Importance of ACB Membership and Growth with Cindy Hollis, ACB National Office Membership Services Director
- 12:00pm to 1:00pm – Break for Lunch
- 1:00pm to 5:00pm – Virtual Exhibitors including:
- John Samuel – Web Accessibility and Beyond
- Tim Snyder – Spoken Word Ministries
- Barry Scheuer – Guide Lights and Gadgets
- Video – Guiding Eyes for the Blind
- Kate Franklin – Running Your Own Business and Making Dogs Happy
- 6:00pm – Banquet
- 6:15pm – Scholarship Awards Presentations
- 7:00pm – Guest Keynote Speaker Roy Samuelson – Audio Describer and Voiceover Announcer Extraordinaire
- 8:15pm – Door Prizes
- 8:20pm – Open Discussion – Topic: Looking Forward – How Do We Want NCCB To Look And Feel In 2021 And Beyond?
All of us on the NCCB 2020 Convention Planning Committee wish to extend our heartfelt appreciation to the following organizations, committees and kind folks for helping us with our virtual convention planning, organizing and execution:
- American Council of the Blind for assisting us with the Zoom platform, for providing a host and radio streaming services.
- ACB Audio Description Director Joel Schneider for speaking to our group about the future of audio description.
- ACB Member Services Coordinator Cindy Hollis for her help with Zoom, speaking to our convention about membership, membership growth and At Large memberships.
- NCCB 2020 Convention Committee – Lawrence Carter (Chair) and Members Karen Addison, Lacey Coward, Becky Davidson, Kendall Gibbs and Jo Taliaferro
The NCCB 2020 Convention Planning Committee and our NCCB leadership look forward to spending time with you in real soon!
The NCCB 2020 Convention Planning Committee
Lawrence Carter (Chair)
Members – Karen Addison, Lacey Coward, Becky Davidson, Kendall Gibbs and Jo Taliaferro