NCCB 2018 State Convention Information
We’ve tried to think of everything you need to know so you can have the best of times with your friends in Fayetteville this year. Check out all the scoop below.
Please join us for the 2018 NCCB State Convention
Friday Sept 21 – Sunday Sept 23
Ramada Plaza Hotel
1701 Owen Drive
Fayetteville, NC 28304
$72.00 per night plus tax
Mouthwateringly delicious hot breakfast buffet is included
Hotel offers a free shuttle service from the Fayetteville Airport, Amtrak train & Greyhound Bus stations
Additional Transportation Options:
If you live in the Raleigh/Durham area and need transportation to Fayetteville, please call Lawrence Carter at 919 856-0034 for more details about group travel to the convention.
To reserve accomodations while attending NCCB’s exciting 2018 convention, please call the hotel before August 25th to obtain the $72.00 per night rate. And don’t forget to mention that you are with the NCCB Convention group.
Program & Event Highlights
Here are some program previews during the convention that we are sure will spark your interest.
- Your Medicare Benefits and Preventing Fraud
Come learn about “Your Medicare Benefits and Preventing Fraud” just in time for open enrollment this fall.
- Advocating For Your Rights
You won’t want to miss “Advocating for Your Rights”, an informative workshop conducted by our banquet speaker and former ACB President Paul Edwards.
- Rebuilding Your Credit
Learn tips on “Rebuilding Your Credit” from Glenn Kirk of the Summit Credit Union.
- CPR – Learning Life Saving Techniques
And for only $10, 12 lucky individuals can sign up for “CPR – Learning Life Saving Techniques” presented by certified Trainers, NC Department of Emergency management.
- Banquet Speech Presentation
Paul Edwards’ banquet speech will feature updates on the current status of blind Americans asking the question, “Are we doing as well as we should?”
- NCCB Chapter News & Updates
Of course, you won’t want to miss hearing all the updates from other NCCB Chapters
- Service Organization Presentations
Don’t forget to take part in presentations from The North Carolina Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped as well as Services for the Blind.
Our list of exhibitors includes:
- Tupperware (which will be a fund raiser for NCCB)
- Guide Lights and Gadgets
- Community Low Vision Center (where you will be able to purchase all sorts of adaptive products)
- Friends of the Library
- The Carolina Bowling Alliance
- NC Statewide Independent Living Council.
If you or your organization, would like to reserve space in our exhibit area, please send an email to Donna Permar at email@example.com. Please write NCCB exhibits in your subject line.
- The preregistration fee is $25 per person but will be $30 after the preregistration deadline.
- The price of a Saturday Only day pass for local attendees is $15 but will also be $30 after the preregistration deadline.
- The CPR instruction class is $10 per person (limited to 12 (twelve) participants.
- Lunch is free with preregistration but will be $10 after the deadline for preregistration.
- The cost of the banquet is $20 per person.
- Preregistration will begin on Sunday July 15th, and the preregistration forms will be available at that time via our new website, www.nccbinfo.org
- If you would like a hard copy preregistration form or assistance with filling out your online preregistration, please call Lawrence Carter (919) 856-0034 or email Donna Permar at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a mutually convenient time to complete your preregistration form.
- The deadline for preregistration is Friday August 25th.
The NCCB Convention Planning Committee and our NCCB leadership look forward to seeing you in September!
The NCCB Convention Planning Committee
Ricky Scott, Becky Davidson, Lawrence Carter, and Chairperson, Donna Permar